Friday, May 13, 2011

Giambattista Valli - San Francisco Ballet Auxiliary Fashion Show

I had the great opportunity of attending an amazing fashion show this week. It was a benefit for SF Ballet and the whole staff of Italian born French designer Giambattista Valli flew from Paris to show his Fall’11 RTW collection at SF’s historic Fairmont Hotel.

Before the show, there was a cocktail reception to mingle and of course to check out everyone's outfits. While sipping on my white cosmo I was scanning all the ladies and their designer dresses & shoes with my eyes wide open. I call that the primary fashion show because everyone looked so so fabulous! I was debating for what to wear days in advance and finally decided on my mini white Halston dress to keep it simple.

GV showed his very same collection of Fall’11 with the same hair, make up as he did in March in Paris Fashion Week. The color palette was mostly neutrals, black, white & gray and he had some pop up colors such as red, pink ad acid yellow. The silhouettes were simple, tailored & conservative and most of the looks were combined with oxford shoes. I loved the capes, goat fur jackets, peplum jackets and skirts and both of his gorgeously designed closing gowns. (I wrote about the red gown on a previous post – Red Glamour, and it was ΓΌber cool to see it very close.) Right before the fashion show started, they announced that he will be showing his very first Haute Couture collection in Paris this coming July. That is huge considering that this is only his 5th year on his own, previously he was the creative director at Emanuel Ungaro.  At the end of the show when GV came to the runway to do his bow in his all black ensemble, the lady sitting next to me was applauding him with admiration and saying “ohh he is a youngster”..  :)

Some of my favorite looks from the fashion show are below. Those images are from Drew Altizer. I tried to take some pictures but it was too bright with the lighting on the runway. I put couple of my pics and a video I took at the end of the show. Enjoy!

This was the invitation I received in the mail..It said that GV took this picture himself
















No comments:

Post a Comment